The Hunger Project (THP) Nederland is part of a global, non-profit, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. We stimulate entrepreneurship, self-reliance and (female) leadership in 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. By investing in people. By empowering people so that they can take control on their way to a life without hunger. Because if people dare to dream, and are given opportunities, they can achieve extraordinary results.
Like the end of hunger.
THP Nederland, located in Utrecht, raises funds and awareness, and supports our program countries and international organization in achieving our mission. Funding comes from different types of investors: companies, entrepreneurs, (family) foundations, private individuals, the Dutch Postcode Lottery and the government. They invest in The Hunger Project for a world without hunger. We are an ambitious organization and are expanding and growing fast. Our team consists of roughly 12 FTEs, divided over about twenty or so part-time employees. Under normal circumstances, we are housed in a modern sustainable building in Utrecht which we share with other enterprising and impactful organisations. Right now the majority of our team works from home. The working atmosphere is open, enterprising, solution-oriented and warm, both off- and online.
The Hunger Project is looking for a new Financial Officer for 24-32 hours a week (0.6-0.8 fte). As a Financial Officer, you are one of two Financial Officers in our programs team. Your main focus is our strategic partnership Right2Grow, funded by the Dutch government. Together with the other Financial Officer you are responsible for the budgeting, financial reports, compliance and audits of Right2Grow. You will jointly develop a financial framework for this partnership, and support the Right2Grow program teams of six partners in six program countries in its use. As a Financial Officer, you will also support other THP program grants with your numeracy and communication skills, as needed. To summarize: the position will contribute to efficient programs and grants management including budgeting, reporting and grants monitoring roles.
- Right2Grow financial framework: supervision of the financial framework, and support the Right2Grow program teams of six partners globally and in six program countries in its use.
- Right2Grow financial project cycle management: develop budgets for programs with program staff and ensure proper contracting and compliance. Monitor program expenditures, write and consolidate financial reports in compliance with the investor. Supervise and follow-up on audit and financial reports from program countries.
- Support the fundraisers in grant applications and preparation of timely and quality programme and financial reports on project activities in compliance with investor and internal requirements.
- Financial analysis support and business development: support the board of directors in revenue and expenditure prognoses.
What we are looking for.
You have a BSc or MSc in finance, economics or administration and are an analytical and accurate teamplayer, with a sensitivity for process and collaboration. You bring three years of relevant experience and you:
- Have some experience with grants from large institutions (Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, Asia Development, World Bank etc), preferably with partnership grants.
- Have excellent social and communication skills in English, and at least basic understanding of Dutch and French.
- Have excellent skills in accounting systems and MS Excel analytics.
- Are a true team player, sensitive to different perspectives and needs.
- Are decisive, hands-on, accurate and stress-resistant.
- Are willing to travel to our program countries 4 – 6 times per year, for a maximum of roughly 2 weeks per time.
- Are enthusiastic about our themes and approach.
What we offer.
- A growing and ambitious organisation in development.
- A small team with an emphasis on trust and personal responsibility. You will work closely together with program staff and fundraisers, and with our colleagues from partners globally and in program countries.
- A place to work in our Utrecht office, with an informal working atmosphere full of passion and ambition, and with plenty of room to develop yourself. With support to work from home when needed or preferred.
- A contract for 24 - 32 hours a week with flexible working hours, with a salary that is bench-marked for our sector. Start date: as soon as possible.
Interested? Send your motivation and CV to Jouwert van Geene (Right2Grow Partnership Facilitator) before 9 a.m. on Tuesday January 11th at the latest: firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information you can call Jouwert on (+31) (0)6 137 57 087 on Monday January 10th. Due to the Christmas holidays, you will receive an automatic reply to your email. Interviews are planned on Tuesday January 18th and Tuesday January 25th.Back to overview