The Hunger Project (THP) Nederland is part of a global, non-profit, strategic organisation committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. We stimulate entrepreneurship, self-reliance and (female) leadership in 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America by investing and empowering people so that they can take control of their lives to live a life without hunger. Because if people dare to dream, and are given opportunities, they can achieve extraordinary results.
THP Nederland is the lead partner of the Right2Grow partnership, funded by the Dutch government. Right2Grow combines the strength of six international NGOs with the experience and knowledge of over 25 local civil society organisations. Together, these organisations amplify marginalised voices to get to zero undernutrition and zero people without access to basic WASH services. Right2Grow is a five-year programme, implemented between 2021 and 2025.
THP is looking for a Coordinator for the Global Partnership who will work for 24 hours a week (Netherlands based). As the Global Partnership Coordinator for Right2Grow you will be responsible for coordinating the global governance of the programme and the programme cycle process, including compliance.
The Global Partnership Coordinator is part of the global support team of Right2Grow, and closely works with the Global Partnership Facilitator, who is responsible for global collaboration and internal communication with all programme country leads, global lead roles and global partners.
We ask that you are flexible with regard to the responsibilities as described above, as we are on the verge of conducting a mid-term review of the Right2Grow programme which could lead to changes in the governance and roles.
- Partnership governance: drive the global decision-making agenda of the partnership by ensuring that key milestones and issues are identified, discussed and brought to the decision making forums such as the Global Coordination Committee, Global Programmes Team, other global forums, while guarding the overall objectives and principles of the partnership including application of adaptive management.
- Compliance: coordinate the global project cycle processes of planning, reporting and adaptation, safeguarding the mutual accountability of all partners and ensuring compliance with the donor requirements. Support the Global Finance and MEAL teams where needed especially with reporting requirements. Coordinate the communication between the consortium and the donor.
- Collaboration and communication: support the global partnership facilitator in global collaboration and internal partnership communication when needed.
- Sparring partner: challenge and support the THP Nederland staff who are working on the Right2Grow programme within THP.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant post-graduate degree with at least 5 years of experience with relevant international programme coordination and grant management.
- Experience with collaborating with multiple partners, across different countries in alliances or partnerships.
- Experience in coordinating programmes, balancing between content and process and including experience in adaptive management.
- Enthusiasm for the “Shift the Power” concepts: strongly supporting a culture of equality, with the ability to critically reflect on and call out the power imbalances in the partnership.
- Strong communication skills in English and preferably also French.
- A good team player with capacity to work independently without close supervision.
- In line with our inclusion and diversity principles, candidates from a migration background and male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- You are Netherlands-based, and you are a Dutch national, resident of a European Union member state, or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute in changing lives through community-led development and public policy advancement.
- An international team of colleagues across multiple organisations and countries.
- Flexibility to work from your home office, or our Utrecht office.
- A contract for 24 hours a week with flexible working hours, with a salary that is bench-marked for our sector. We are flexible with regard to a starting date, but would prefer you start as soon as possible.
- A one year contract, with the possibility of extension (and expansion) until the end of 2025, depending on the evolving needs of the partnership and the outcome of the mid-term review.
If you meet the requirements, please email your letter of motivation (max 1 page) and CV (max 3 pages) with contactable references to Ms. Annelies Kanis, through email@example.com. Note “Global Partnership Coordinator” in the subject line of your email and send it before May 15th 2023.Back to overview